Tuesday, June 4, 2013

YOU Are Precious

So, my dear Jesus, You were there when Jamie looked at me, direct eye contact, and said "YOU are precious!" Immediately, I replied, "YOU are!" She split-second responded with "No, YOU are!". Then we laughed and morphed into little girls saying, "No, YOU are", "No, YOU are"...!!!  She had no idea how much that fun and sincere comment arranged my whole day like a pretty salad. The kind that's too pretty to eat. I wish every day could be like that one.

No doubt, there will be more pretty salad, wonderful friend days and there'll be more of the days where I want to run away. I'm such a wimp; wanting to run away, just because I can't handle a little dose of tough life. Yet, the fact that I'm still here says something positive, right? 

Thank YOU, dear Jesus for the things you showed me today; your love is constant, you let me know you are present, you surprised me with a weed in the backyard that I thought I'd have to go to Watson Woods to capture! Do you think it's funny that I am excited about that weed? Thank you for birds whose chirping causes me to strain my neck, trying to find them in the trees and for the teeny cat hair nest I found.  You know I'm aggravated by the fact that SOMEthing ate those plants I JUST put in the garden on Sunday evening. Were you smiling when you watched how those plants disappeared?

Mom is hurting. You know what's in her body, causing pain and the whole mess. Do I dare put my feelings on here? Why has she suffered for almost her entire life? I only ever wanted a healthy, vibrant, healthy, HAPPY mother. You have given me HER and through her life, you are stripping me. 


I was Pipsqueak. You say I am precious.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Gail, I so enjoyed reading this though I'm so sorry about the pain you must be going through with your mother... Life is like salad sometimes, we have the sweet and the bitter....and those sweet words from a friend really helps more then they may know. A true gift from the Lord, just like in the book I'm reading, One Thousand Gifts. I count you as a gift too!

    You know Gail, You are so kind to come and leave such a precious comment on my blog about our sweet little duck, there are people who wouldn't do that or understand. You do even in spite of what is going on in your life....What a sweet fragrance of the Lord Jesus you are! : )

    I'm praying for you dear friend, with care, appreciation and love...I'm praying.

    I'm so glad to follow you here on this new lovely blog of yours as you journey through this life and am looking forward to future beautiful and real to life posts.

    You are a blessing, <3 ~Amelia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear friend. Your comment has opened the floodgates....but it feels normal and relieving to cry. I'm glad you are part of my salad today...the sweet part.

      Delete